Dr Monika Garg
Wheat processing and nutritional quality
- Associate Scientist (2009-2010): International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), CGIAR, Syria
- JSPS Post Doc Fellow (2008-2009): Tottori University, Tottori, Japan
- Wide introgression for grain processing quality improvement
- Development of regionally adapted colored wheat germplasm and understanding its health promoting effects.
- Lowering celiac disease related epitopes in wheat.
- Development of germplasm for bread, biscuit and chapati quality improvement
Exploration of colored wheat as a commercial crop in India and understanding its effect of lifestyle disorders.
A genomics-assisted synthetic hexaploid wheat gene isolation and pre-breeding platform for improved heat tolerance and sustainable production
Garg* M, Tsujimoto H, Gupta RK, Kumar A, Kaur N, Kumar R, Chunduri V, Sharma NK, Chawla M, Sharma S, Mundey JKKaur N, Kumar A, Mundey JK. (2016) Chromosome specific substitution lines of Aegilops geniculata alter parameters of bread making quality of wheat. PLOS ONE. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0162350.
Garg* M, Chawla M, Chunduri V, Kumar R, Sharma S, Sharma NK, Kaur N, Kumar A, Mundey JK, Saini MK, Singh SP (2016) Transfer of grain colors to elite wheat cultivars and their Characterization. Journal Cereal Science. 71: 138-144.
Kumar R, Kumar A, Sharma NK, Kaur N, Chunduri V, Chawla M, Sharma S, Singh K and Garg* M. (2016). Soft and hard textured wheat differ in starch properties as indicated by trimodal distribution, morphology, thermal and crystalline properties. PLOS ONE 11(1): e0147622. doi:10.1371/journal.pone. 0147622.
Kumar R, Arora S, Singh K, Garg* M. (2015) Puroindoline allelic diversity in Indian wheat germplasm and identification of new allelic variants. Breeding science. 65: 319–326.
Garg* M, Kumar R, Singh R P, Tsujimoto H. (2014) Development of an Aegilops longissima substitution line with improved bread-making quality. Journal of cereal science. 60: 389-396.View All Publication
- Monbusho Scholarship – Ph.D.
- University rank – B.Sc.
- Lady Cola academic award – B.Sc.